Wednesday 2 July 2008

emergency raita!

I thought I`d better make a note of my successful culinary experiment!!

I was just about to dish up the curry last night so started to make some raita when I realised we were out of natural yoghurt(I obviously didnt get very far... basically I opened the fridge!) so I blended some philly with some milk(sounds yuk but trust me it did sort of blend) and then added some sugar and mint sauce and hey presto... some raita...VERY CREAMY!!!!!!

you cant beat a kitchen cupboard "knock-up" can you...

1 comment:

Clare Dudman said...

That actually sounds like it could be better than yogurt to me! It reminds me (for some reason) of the cream-maker my mother used to have. It used to be a contraption that fitted on her mixer. You had to mix unsalted butter and milk and after it had churned it around a bit out would come double cream.

For a while we went cream mad...cream cakes, cream in all the vegetables, real ice-cream...but then discovered it had a very bad blubbery said-effect...