Tuesday 5 August 2008

countdown to the cruise!

Well I feel like I`ve had a very productive week so far. It started with my scarlet red toe nails ready for my cruise, accompanied by a pair of shiny red patent shoes. It`s great to have daughters to go shopping with and they can do a far better job of painting my toenails than I can do myself.
I`m not going to try to keep up with the Joneses on this forthcoming holiday but it will be nice to dress up a bit after a lifetime of trainers and shorts and jeans. I DID cause a bit of a stir when I turned up with the cricket tea on Saturday wearing a dress(and my toes in all their glory) but hey... it WAS our 28th wedding anniversary so I thought I should mark the occasion(especially as we are usually abroad on that date). It just so happened Husb was playing AWAY that day. Still, he was obviously well chilled... he scored 50... and we DID manage a bar snack at half 9...and also it gave me chance to watch A HANDBAG OF HARMONIES on BBC`s "Last choir standing".... they were ROBBED!!! They SO should have got through to the live show.(Nic got 3 seconds coverage!!!!!!!!! Wutwooooooo)I had already got people in Coventry, Wigan and Oxford and a good half of Chester ready to vote for them. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Today is Drake`s birthday... did I really give birth to her 19 years ago? Where do the years go? (How many mothers say that eh?) Nic baked her a splendid cake, all marbly and smartied and sparkly with candles... one is never too old for candles.. and the re-lighting candles always get a good reaction.




Good ol` Chris... He may be 7,000 miles away in Brazil but he remembered to give her a happy birthday phonecall. What was so amazing was he sounded like he was speaking from the room next door, the line was SO CLEAR. If you want to follow his progress click here to read his travel blog.
I don`t suppose I will be able to do much blogging when I am cruising around Scandinavia but if I get a chance I will do. (Chris would be impressed I reckon)( I can`t believe I`m doing all this without help... Im impressing myself!) And I`ll want to show off my shiny red shoes.....

2 comments:

Clare Dudman said...

Fab cake! Just been on Chris's blog - I like the way he's colour coding for the different countries - and just the right amount of detail on each one, like a series of postcards...

aliholli said...

yes, Chris is having a fabulous time. He`ll be made up you are reading his blog.