Saturday 6 September 2008

L.O.T.O.S.(Life on the open sea)






In summary it was a great cruise. Not fantastic weather but considering we were north of Scotland for the entire duration it was hardly surprising. I can honestly say that neither husb or I ever felt like we were on a boat once...we could see the boat swaying but couldn`t feel a thing. The food was lovely..more melon and pineapple than you could ever wish to eat! The evening shows performed by the Headliners were fabulous and we saw all but one show, my friend`s daughter was easily the best dancer.The gym and pool werent needed due to the regular stomping round the promenade deck(and that was AFTER a stomp around a Baltic capital city.)Nice cabin. Fantastic staff. Great stuff.

3 comments:

Clare Dudman said...

Just been having a look around - I didn't realise it was such a huge ship. And you look fab - dresses suit you (and so does hub...and yes, I can see how Jan thinks he has a touch of the Wogans)and I love the red shoes, and the pictures of the outfits, and the waiters...and doesn't Nic suit a gown? She looks fantastic - some people just look so right in a gown, I think...however I cannot believe you didn't go into the gym or the pool...

aliholli said...

Clare, that`s so nice, thank you. It was such a fab holiday but we would like some sun next year (and husb would secretly like a rest, he`s never walked so far or so fast!)
(I DID try the treadmill on the first day(keen bean eh?) but the sea was going side to side and I was going forward and back and the bloke next to me was going twice as fast and the mirror on the other side just finished me off, ha ha, so I didnt go again)

...and yes, Nic loved all the dressing up...That was our theme of this summer-it was like being in a grown up`s wendy house and dressing up all the time, first on the ship and then at the graduation!

aliholli said...

Oh and Clare I hope you noticed my shiny red shoe straps.... "To cross or not to cross? That is the question"