Thursday 30 October 2008

Goodbye Shawn

You can get quite a lot done in a day if you put your mind to it. And today was one of those days. Mind you it was a case of "having to" get it done...I managed to completely wreck Mr Denton`s back tyre last night with a huge gash in it, so first job of the day was to put the spare wheel on and get to a tyre shop to buy a new one.

By which time the car dismantlers had arrived to take away Shawn the Panda(yes, Shawn with a "W")He was a great little car, I cant believe I got 4 growing children in him AND a dog AND a full cricket tea AND bikes on the back...anyway I took the 4 football wheel hub caps off and off to the scrapyard he went. Ah bless.I`ll miss him bacause he was my little "shed"...full of dog towels and dog balls and cricket stuff... and Postman Pat would leave parcels inside if nobody was home to receive them...Ah bless..GOODBYE SHAWN.



We just had time to cut the hedge and tidy up the weeds when.....



...a TON of gravel arrived. No time like the present eh? So armed with a plantpot each and a rake and an abundance of energy, Husb and I set about spreading it all over the drive, giving our abdominal muscles a good workout in the process.


Not bad eh?



So... a busy couple of days, as yesterday was spent catching up with the family in Coventry. And not just the family!!! We were sat in the pub waiting for our table when an old junior school friend and her family came in. Oh the excitement! Ive not seen her for 40 years but recognised her straight away(to her delight! "Haven`t I aged much then?") I had a little chuckle to myself when I played Stevie Winwood`s "Valerieeeeeeeeeeee" at keep fit this morning!


It was a great day because in addition to the meal being an absolute bargain...



.... Dad looked well, Brozie was gorgeous as usual, Sisil was great company (HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLS!) and...Richie Benski... "hasnt he growwwwwwwwnnn". And grown up! His choc chip and walnut cookies were quite delightful.

2 comments:

Nicolette Hollindale said...

OMG!!! I can't believe Shawn's gone!! and the fence... and the tree? I loved that tree! Good job though!!! x x x x x x x

aliholli said...

Yes we all liked that tree! but it always had to be lop-sided to allow us to get into the car and it only looked gorgeously pretty for 2 weeks of the year when it blossomed(and then I got the blossom all over my car)so we said we`d plant another one somewhere round the back to replace it cos I KNEW you`d say that.I thought"Nic LOVED that tree"