Friday 3 October 2008

Happy happenings.

Well I`ve had a good week.

Our night out at La Fattoria early in the week was great. We were celebrating Linz`s 50th...and it turned out to be an excellent choice of venue as we had fantastic service...14 different meals including me requesting no garlic on my broccoli(why would you fry broccoli with garlic???????)we all had a complimentary shot of the most delicious lemoncelo and Linz had the full birthday treatment of clangers, tambourines and rattles from every available waiter as they presented her with her celebratory cake.


On Wednesday my much awaited order of picture frames arrived so I was able to frame up BENJAMIN for one of my best friend`s grandson.

I received an email from Mark(Zimbabwe Mark!!!!) who has been reading my blog in the States!!! We were great mates for ages... it`s brilliant that we are now back in touch again.

And today I heard that Alan and Paul have won the "Chronicle`s Cheshire 2008 Year of the Garden Award" for their garden at The Rowans in Threapwood, near Malpas... what fabulous news! I`m so pleased for them. They have done an amazing job on their garden, transforming an acre of field into a landscape garden with statues, ponds and a vast array of brightly coloured plants and flowers.There is no need for the lads to go to the gym with all that digging!Well done chaps!

4 comments:

Hol said...

Way to go mumster! I'm doing this from my phone, can u believe it?! Haha. Keep blogging! X

aliholli said...

I cant keep up with all this technology sonny! You`ll have to come home again soon XXX

Clare Dudman said...

Great picture of Linz! She looks kind of...happily overwhelmed, I think.

And that garden - is that the same one as you posed before the statue? It looks brill.

aliholli said...

"happily overwhelmed" is exactly right. She had no idea it was coming and the waiters made such a racket she had to just sit there. Then we all shared the mousse cake, a teaspoon each. Brill!
Yes.. same pic of the garden to save you scrolling..and thats only a tenth of the garden!