Thursday 22 January 2009

"LAND AHOY M`HEARTIES!"

Move over Johnny Depp...make way for Aliholli Sparrow...



No... seriously... there are real goings-on under that eye patch. I`m just about getting the feeling back as I`m typing (not easy with only one eye)having had my eyeball numbed (amazing) and my eyelid anaesthetised.What we thought was a blocked duct or cyst turned out, in fact, to be a pesky little papilloma, or skin tag. What a silly place to have one. It has now been safely removed (the very gentle Dr Diri showed it me) and cauterized and I didn`t feel a thing. I have only lost ONE eyelash (which to those of you who know me well is of the utmost importance... NOT)(!)and that`s it.. job done. I dont know whether to keep my patch on tonight for aerobics for dramatic effect... it`ll keep the sweat out of it so I may do...but feel I`m in danger of falling off the stage! and I need to keep my other beady eye on Angela`s high kicks...she may in fact kick me off the stage.. oh what a dilemma!
Thanks for the lift to the hospital Drakey!

3 comments:

Clare Dudman said...

Excellent picture! Love the props. But thank goodness it was just the one eye-lash! (Heh)

aliholli said...

I should have blackened a tooth as well shouldn`t I...anyway I bottled out of the eyepatch for aerobics... couldn`t handle all the fuss for such a minor op.

Nicolette Hollindale said...

Werhoo mumster good effort with the costume!! I hope it's all better now x x x xx x