Friday 21 August 2009

FLORENCE (YIPPEEEEEEEEE)

Florence...what a lovely lovely place. I`ve been wanting to visit Florence for ages, in fact, it was one of the reasons I was so keen to go on this cruise, and I wasn`t disappointed AT ALL. Lovely lovely lovely. And a brilliant place to spend our 29th wedding anniversary.


I now know the way so I could go again!

We docked at Livorno on the coast and took the train to Florence.


Consequently we didn`t have a lot of time so we pre booked entrance tickets for the Uffizi Gallery for the afternoon


and spent the rest of morning tootling around the cobbled streets, enjoying the fabulous art work,



the statues,
.
the ice cream,
the Ponte Vecchio,

the glove shops,
the David


and the impressive Duomo.






It`s a pity we didn`t have longer there because it was such a lovely place (have I written that already??!) but we COULDN`T MISS THE BOAT!

No comments: