Saturday 5 September 2009

VIGO, north Spain

There were loads of these brightly painted pigs to greet us when we arrived in Vigo.




We really wanted to visit Santiago de Compostela,the world`s third most important city for Christian pilgrimage (especially as I have already been to Jerusalem and to Rome,) but it was JUST too far from Vigo.So we headed up the hill, window shopping on the way, up to Castro Park where the views of the city are superb.





When we got back to the boat and looked back, we realised how high we`d climbed.In fact, I said to Husb "If you had pointed to that hill and said "shall we climb up there...?" (I was IN FLIPFLOPS)we probably wouldn`t have bothered but it was well worth it.

Plenty of bag shops to go into and spend our money (!!) on the way up and down. I got my bags from a proper shop but there were loads of bags on the pavement like these.

No comments: