Tuesday 15 December 2009

Baked Potato Day

I should be writing Christmas cards but I haven't blogged for a while and I need to get up to date. It has been a busy month.

I've been sewing...



colouring...



and burning wood...



...Our beautiful black labrador was 11. (For 11 years she has followed me around the house, or lay at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me to come down.)




When I looked back at my blog post a year ago,
when Sammie was 10,
I realised just how grey she has gone in a year, grey specks have now appeared around her eyes...she is doing alright for 11 though and can still chase a ball so long as we just toss it, and don't hurl it.

Today was "Baked Potato Day" with my lovely aqua ladies. It has now become tradition to celebrate the last aqua class of the year with appropriate Christmas head gear ie antlers, deely boppers and Santa hats, in the pool, followed by a jacket potato and a cup of tea. Once again this amazing group of ladies did not disappoint and everyone had something festive on their heads. Naturally we splished and sploshed to a medley of Christmas carols (they come out every year!)including Oh Come All Ye Faithful and the rock version of Away In A Manger.They are such good fun.







My festive hat. I managed to keep it on for the whole hour. It is now drying out ready for aerobics.

No comments: