Saturday 23 January 2010

DIAMOND HARRY

I didn't even know we had fuse wire in the house, let alone what to do with it, but Husb managed to fix it without too much trouble...(how do men know these things??????) However, he banned any further use of the tumble dryer. (I resurrected it recently after 20 years of sitting idle in the shed so I shouldn't have been surprised it was a bit dodgy and I won't miss it..... just thought I'd get all the washing out of the way for Husb's birthday...)

I had to do aqua after being let down by my cover but Husb had phonecalls and a visitor (hi Sharon) while I was out so I was home again before he knew it and we were able to go out for pizza before coming home for the sweet but light carrot cake.

Our day was saddened though by the death of our cricket club scorer Harry at the age of 80. He was such a character. He loved his cricket. He loved his cricket TEA. He LOVED his horse racing.(Always backed favourites) He will be sadly missed. In his memory I had my weekend £2 bet (OK I had £4 this week) on DIAMOND HARRY in the 2.20 at Haydock who romped home with lengths to spare. It was his first time over hurdles but started out as the odds-on favourite (hence my £4) (and Harry would have backed it too) and surely one to watch at the Cheltenham Festival in March.

Rest in Peace Harry, I'll miss you.

No comments: