Monday 15 March 2010

Cov v Plymouth, Jets v MK Lions

Plymouth are second from bottom of the Championship table, so probably not the most attractive of fixtures but when I heard Dids was taking GG to the game at the Ricoh I abandoned all plans of sewing lacey cushions and was on the A41 straight after my classes, after all the Sky blues had won 5 out of their last 6 games hey ho!!!

How totally random... I just went!!

The sewing, shopping, washing up, even the pooch, all got left, I can't believe I just did it, it felt soooo good!



Dad had no idea I was going, well lets face it neither did I, I had to see what time I could get away from my classes, so his little face was a picture when I walked up to him outside the ground.



Good seats! Well, plenty of atmosphere (i.e. a vociferous row of supporters behind us)(with flavoursome language)(but useful to us for identifying players) they showed signs of wit too, chanting "Richard Shaw Richard Shaw" to one of the dreadlocked security men who appreciated the comparison. 18,127 fans



Early on in the game we had a corner which I thought we just might, just might, have scored from..... but NO... Plymouth scored first...
(goalkeeper error Oggy...)



Half time Coventry 0 - 1 Plymouth



We played better in the second half, we were less "stodgy", less "sticky" and 3 mins in on 48 mins McIndoe equalised wooooooooooooooooo PUSB PUSB




It wasn't the best of games though there were some entertaining moments, and we were definitely the better side ....I LOVED IT. It was almost "like watching Art" (but ahem that's Arsenal... I suppose this was more like watching paint dry) =)

Final Score 1-1,
2 x Chish and Fips,
1 x curry in the Mount
and a good afternoon was had by all.
(A bit cold but dry and bright and Dad could sit down for two hours)
(Not cheap either... petrol, toll, ticket, carpark, bet, meal...
worth every penny!)

Dad said "Its a pity Liddy didn't come" (Do you "do" football, sis???)


TROPHY semi-final, Jets v Lions

Sunday was the second leg of the Trophy semi-final so husb and I headed off to the Arena. For some bizarre reason, the Jets are introduced to the crowd in complete darkness, yes it heightens the atmosphere but noone can see a thing.



The team talk worked because we battered them.




We got there early but so did everybody else and we were sat in front of some raucous girls who couldn't possibly have had any voice left that evening... and on our right were all the shrieking school children.... and A FOREST FAN!!!!!





Full time! We now play Newcastle Eagles in the Final next week at Guildford Spectrum which seems a long way for both teams to travel. (Though handy for Cub to get to if he fancies it...)

No comments: