Tuesday 6 April 2010

EDNA is 90 today!

Edna has been a good friend for over 20 years. We were neighbours for about 16 years until she moved into her flat nearby. You can see how popular she is by the number of cards she received...and there were understandably plenty of flowers...









I was surprised to see so many different cards with 90 on, I don't think she had any 2 the same....
These were the ones which had to go on the floor as all other available surfaces were already full, at a rough count she'd had about 50 when I called.



Nic and I took her out to the local pub for lunch later on, we all enjoyed it... ladies who lunch eh..."CHEERS!" I think we made her day, with her birthday falling on Bank Holiday weekend she had a lot of visitors the day before.





What a lovely lady, she is always making me laugh ("Alison, what is skype?") and she deserves every bit of fuss and attention she has this week - tea and cakes at the Women's Fellowship, coffee and cakes after the Sunday church service, family lunch on Sunday afternoon. Edna is an absolute star.

No comments: