Friday 11 June 2010

World Cup!

ARE YOU READY??

I am!

I may not have a flag on my car or a banner hanging out of my bedroom window but I've got my shirt! (OK I've got "a" shirt) This shirt that Cub*** had at the age of about 10 travelled to India and back with my friend Dave who offered to snazzy it up a bit.





Dave, one of my spinners, has done a lot of good work in India, restoring temples after the devastating tsunami in 2004 and building children's centres. On his recent trip he took one of Cub's old England shirts with him with the intention of putting my name on the back... oh my goodness I had no idea he meant something this magnificent!! You can read his story on tsunamidave.com and it is evident he became a local hero out there. It is well worth a read.




I'm not one for backing favourites so I have had my other £2 on France (England of course!)on the principle that a) I win more if they win and b) Rooney, Torres, Messi etc may tweak a little hammy at some stage and not be as dynamic as their fans are hoping. Drake had Italy in the work sweep 4 years ago and won £80 so you never know, its a funny ol' game.

*** Read Cub's predictions here!

3 comments:

Hol said...

Yes, I'm ready. So very ready! :)

Jan said...

Good to meet you on Monday, AliHolly!
Clare had a super launch, didn't she?
And the book looks DelICioUs!!
I'll look out for you on one of my Fast (?! Hmm) Walks round the vicinity...

aliholli said...

Jan... yes yes yes faces to names! Now I will recognise you again! It was a lovely evening, Clare looked so proud. The cake was delicious, was I the only one to have a piece???!!