Friday 17 September 2010

CADIZ, SPAIN

Aurora docked right by this Monument to the Constitution 1812.

This was built when part of the old city wall was demolished to create a grand new square to mark the 100th anniversary of the liberal constitution in 1812.



We walked past some amazing rubber trees that had been brought in from Australia.




With fantastic roots!



Even the market was spectacular...




Plaza San Antonio

I did well to get a photo with noone in it!



A very nice town but this was what I was after... a dip in the briny.
Atlantic rollers are always great fun and after the Croatian shingle, it was an absolute delight to be on some golden sand. Lovely.





Then we had enough time to spend a bit of loose change...



before walking back to Aurora.



We LOVE these trees, they remind me of France.

2 comments:

Clare Dudman said...

I've loved looking at these - so hot, and that beach looks fantastic. Was the Atlantic cold after the Med?

aliholli said...

haha Clare, I didn't make the Med! Swam in the Adriatic and the Ionian. The Atlantic is my fave sea(get me with a favourite sea haha)the waves always get you warm. (yes it was a bit nippy tho)