Sunday 31 October 2010

EDNA and more GEOCACHING

We made time for Edna and took her out for lunch, I was made up with the LARGE pot of tea



Edna paid (well we went halves!)




...and we had a good chat.

By now, I had seriously got the geocaching bug so Pixen and I nipped up to the local nature trail (without Sammie)(heck, how serious was I!!!) but the 3 caches were not easy to find, in fact Nic had a surprise... we'd identified which tree to examine and in the crook of the banches on top of the geocache was .... a TOAD, it really made her jump.
,
Later we were in town (hugging elephants)...

...so we took the opportunity to seek the cache at the famous Eastgate Clock, which was erected in 1897 to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee

Wow! It took us over half an hour to find!

Obviously it had to be safe from tourists (this is the 2nd most photographed clock behind Big Ben) and geocachers have to be discreet in their searching. I had just found it when we were approached by 2 very drunk muggles...I shrieked "GO!! GO AWAY!! I MIGHT DROP THE TREASURE!!" and looking a bit puzzled ("what IS that mad woman ON about??") they scuttled away to breathe beer onto someone else.

It was tiny. Such a good find and right in the heart of Chester.

No comments: