Tuesday 26 October 2010

Em Withill brightens up my dog walk

There are 1,224,564 active geocaches around the world and I have now found 6 whoop whoop!! With the Pixen (home for half term) to spur me on and a Sammie dog for company we found 5 today! Here is the photographic evidence without giving away the geocaches hiding places(!!) I have Em Withill to thank for making my dogwalk so much more interesting!!



Checking the GPS directions



Sammie came too



Found it!! To be fair this tupperware box was NOT very well hidden but hey, I chalked up geocache number 2.



It had a nice big notebook for us to log our find...



...then it was off to find the next...would YOU have spotted this????? A slightly different colour log.



In I went!



There was another tupperware box inside...ingenious!!



The Pixen got the co-ordinates for the 3rd of the day... a "nanocache"...



HOW small is THIS!! (By this point I was getting very excited!)



A tiny roll of paper was rolled inside this minute cache so we had to log our names in very small writing...





Good job team!! A celebratory hug. (N.B. Poochina still with us)



By now I had the geocache bug and was determining where to walk Sammie by looking at new geocache locations (see what you have started Em Withill???!)
so off we went again, Pixen's "app-for-that" at the ready




Look at THIS!! Someone has drilled a hole inside a branch!! WERHOOO!







And because we had enough time, and we weren't getting rained on, and it was near, and Sammie agreed, and I wanted to.... we returned to the site of the geocache we couldn't find last month....



Yes!! There it was! So I am now up to 6, the Pixen has 26 including one in China that Em Withill found. What great fun!!

1 comment:

Philip T. Greene said...

Then one day we met a dog Diablo, another vizsla, with green collar. This dog wasn't any faster or better at play than Atlas, but his demeanour was twice as dominant. dog boarding