Saturday 26 February 2011

Half term Feb 2011

We had a productive half term which started with Irene's 70th birthday. We had a great night at Bollicini's in Rufus Court, the pizzas were magnificent! I had fun trying to walk through town with two dozen helium balloons but they made the restaurant look nice for us and with Bollicini's onto a winner with their Thursday night deal of 2 courses and a bottle of wine each, the place was packed creating a great atmosphere. Irene looked lovely (she is amazingly fit for 70 and such good company)



I sat between Tom and Gerry (haha)




They seemed to enjoy my ode!



No there weren't 70 candles!




This half term I finally coloured a picture for Josh..he's only 8 months old now so just a bit late!



We also used half term to sort out and clear out Dad's house. His old towels and blankets will be put to good use with Sammie and Sadie.





Husb and I nipped up to Darlington to see the Pixen



..and we met Penny the hamster who got a good speed up on the lounge floor, hurtling around our feet in her little ball. I can't say Husb was entirely comfortable with a rodent in close vicinity but I thought she was very cute. (I just won't buy one!)



I now have a dinky little phone for phoning Singapore!!! The advantages of using public transport!! While on the bus Husb picked up a paper with cheap international calls advertised on the back and promptly went to get a labara sim card with a cheap compatible phone (our old handsets would have had to be unlocked) for exclusive use with Cubba. Its so cute, with one contact in the contact box! IT WORKED!! WHOOP WHOOP!! WE CHATTED!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE =)



These beautiful lisianthus flowers are now brightening up our home, sitting in one of Dad's vases. Aren't they gorgeous. I am lucky to have such lovely, caring friends who have given me so much support since losing Dad. One of my very special friends ordered these for me knowing I had chosen lisianthus in Dad's funeral tribute arrangement. Thank you Carol.


No comments: