Tuesday 8 January 2013

Festive meals! Coventry Hilton, Potato Party, Annie's


Embarrassingly, we haven't managed to get together in Coventry AT ALL this year, so Pixen and I took it upon ourselves to set a date and round up the family and we booked the Hilton for the end of November. Diddy had turned 50 in January, Ben was 18 in September and Nemmy got a First for her degree so we had enough reasons to celebrate... plus it was Liddy's birthday the week we met up so she had a cake too.


As Cubski was in San Francisco that weekend I made sure I included him in my ode! And he got it!!! I sent a 4 and a half minute video on Whatsapp Whoop Whoop!



Did "n" Lid


"Hands Off!" Ben's 18th cake

Adopted Grandma Bet (she has the most amazingly soft skin)

Bet and her "grandchildren" !!

I have to say...we don't look too bad for "Over 50's" do we....

Having a hug from my little brother

Benski and Edski
(even though they are now both fully fledged adults!)

Gorgeous Girlies



A spontaneous hug with Beka

A spontaneous hug with Uncle Diddy




Our last Aqua class was on 4th December so our Christmas BAKED POTATO PARTY  was really early this year... the Northgate Arena did well though, baking 40 potatoes for us... I took my cricket teas urn so we could help ourselves to a cup of tea which eased the pressure in the cafe









It was considerably less sophisticated than the Coventry Hilton but just as much fun- we played Heads and Tails which was interesting as some of the ladies who guessed correctly couldn't stand for long so they were sat when they should have been stood, we all had wet hair because we were straight out of the pool and I wore Husb's Santa night shirt with my ridiculous hat. 

♪♫☺ FUNTIMES ♪♫☺


And Christmas meal number 3 was at Annie's.


Meanwhile I was trying hard to keep up to date with all the breadboards and stockings!



When December 25th eventually arrived I couldn't believe how many presents we had accumulated... this was to be a fairly quiet Christmas but on Christmas morning we could hardly see the carpet for gifts...








No comments: