Sunday 17 March 2013

RED NOSE DAY 2013


I love Red Nose Day. 

LOVE LIFE, BE HAPPY, SMILE



We always make a bit of an effort because it only happens once every 2 years which gives us chance to donate to other personal charities - there is always someone doing a marathon, the Great Wall of China, Race for Life etc etc. 

So anyway the Rules are.... look daft, be bright and jolly, wear as much red as possible and NO BLACK.... "schimples" really because most people will have a football shirt/pyjamatop/vest/Christmas hat etc they can sweat in for an hour.

I used a wig from 4 years ago (it probably took 4 years to dry out) so I could donate the price of a new wig. 
RICHARD HENNAHANE PARALYMPIC ARCHER LONDON 2012 gave me his headband which came in very useful. 
I had had my eyes on Husb's red seagulls Hollister boxers for shorts...

...and I schnaffled the SAN FRANCISCO top that Drakey had put in the charity bag for collection, for no other reason but that Cub is out there ("YOU CAN'T THROW THAT OUT NEM!!!")


oh and odd socks. I can't believe I didn't wear my red watch though - oopsieee




Theresa is only small and she has very little legs but she borrowed her granddaughter's tights, HANNAH IS ONLY 7!!!! so knee lifts were amusing =)


Dale and his babes. I had to adorn Dale with flowers because HE CAME IN BLACK! oops




Doesn't Lianne suit her hair like this!!!!!


Going the extra mile... in a RED COAT! (?)




Come on this is a good effort! Even the knee support gets nosed. Well done Denise!


After the hi energy bit I managed to sneak my trainers off. The class were grapevining in the shape of a letter X giving me chance to change into my feet.



Next.... off to Power Plate....I adorned James with more garlands and he joined me on the other plate. I'm still recovering from the battle of the abs and the press ups on a fitball - yeouch!


Dear old Edna had a fright when I walked into her lounge!


I was so, so, so chuffed that the spinners also made an effort. Same rules - look a bit daft, odd socks, inside outs, back to fronts and lots of red BUT SPIN SAFELY!!

Headgear it was then.....

Next .... spikey wig....


Has Andy painted his head?


Yes, he most certainly has!



Spinners arriving and so far looking predominantly RED!  YIPPEEEEE! 





Well done everyone. Thanks for making such a great effort. 

We had an awful lot of fun and I think we all managed to burn some calories too. 










No comments: