Saturday 11 January 2014

OMG another birthday already? NYE 2013



It is definitely true what they say, that birthdays come round quicker than ever as you get older, so it is important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle - after all, the key to successful ageing is to pay as little attention to it as possible. So in true JollyHolly style we got up early on New Year's Eve and went for an early morning birthday swim.  Well I had to wear  MY NEW COSTUME!


It has SAN FRANCISCO on it! How amazing is that!

I had some great presents.

A SKY BLUE KNIFE? PUSB!
This knife is SO SHARP.
Just like my football team who are looking sharp up front at the moment. 
(Bring on the Arsenal!) 
It's just as well the knife comes with a sky blue sheath to protect it.


People were so kind. I had some really thoughtful presents.
I suppose I'm quite easy to please with my love for anything healthy/elephant/liquorice/Orla Kiely/Sky Blue 
..so I was well pleased with this lot. Thank you everyone.

Handpainted tote bag and homemade granola by Drake.
SKY BLUE knife and honey from Cub.
Allsorts earrings and Orla pad from Moo


The Pixen excelled herself trying out new things for me ...


I would't even know where to start making a Pandora style bead but the Pixen did.
She made me one with  my birthdate on. WOW!



My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I opened the next box.
PUSB and COVENTRY CITY on  these beads! AMAZING!


From Lisa ,smells fantastic.

From Annie =)


How about this for a fabulous birthday card?  (From Lyn) (It has been recycled for the Pixen already and then no doubt will be forwarded to Drakey.)




Useful facts for Husb's quiz?!


As usual we did the traditional Pizzahut and cinema routine, this year we saw SAVING MR BANKS which was very good
and then before we knew it, it was nearly midnight and time to collect health and warmth and food  to carry over the threshold to bring in the new year. 


Coal (warmth) seeds (goodness) cough linctus (health) elephants (we have to save the elephant) etc were all brought into our home. (Along with some rather nice madeira wine!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!




NEW YEAR'S DAY

With Chester F.C.'s game abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch, we decided to go and wish the adorable elephants at Chester Zoo a Happy New Year.




Hari and Bala have both grown.








Jan 2nd

Happy Hoylake

Cub had a booked a train and flight later today so we just had time for a nip along the prom at Hoylake and a bit of hooty pubgrub before he left us. Anyone else would have been packing but that's youngsters for you, easy come easy go... chuck it in a bag and off you go.











No comments: