Thursday 22 May 2014

Chester Half Marathon 2014



"I SPY with my little eye, something beginning with TOBH.."
THOUSANDS OF BOBBING HEADS!
That would have been a good one, wouldn't it!?

We had S for shirt, shorts, slowpeople, SWEAT!
 T for trainers, teeshirt, tiredpeople, TARMAC!
and before we knew it

WE HAD CAUGHT UP WITH THE 2.10 PACEMAKER!


Not only did we catch him up, WE PASSED HIM and we never saw him again!


It was the hottest day of the year so far and a lot of people struggled, judging by the amount of bodies stretching out by the roadside or dousing themselves with water.

But we weren't IN IT TO WIN IT.
I just wanted to finish... WITH DRAKE and WITH BOTH ANKLES.

The support was immense, and I was so excited by all the cheers on that final uphill bend at the top of Garden Lane that I nearly fell into Sinead's arms...

but then I heard Drake shouting "MUM!!!!! DAD'S OVER THERE!"




ooops! 

So I promptly did a few starjumps for the photo, as you DO when you have just run 13.4 miles...
13.4?
THIRTEEN POINT FOUR?
(I kept running up and down a side lane while Drakester had a wee)


...and then we had to attempt a sprint finish after all that messing about high fiving people all the way round.


#1

GO ME!!! Look out Paula Radcliffe... :)

#1

GO US! Look at us go!


#1

I can't believe she beat me! How did THAT happen?

#1

We had truly, crazy. deliriously happy faces at the finish.....


#2

...with enough energy left to lift our arms...

#2

OH MY GOODNESSSSSS!

A proud girlfriend...


...with her very proud boyfriend.

(And sweets! Thankyou!)


Bridge did it too! in just over 2 hours.

I was 12th in my age group! ha!


We were amazing (there was a sign up telling us we were)


2 hours 9 minutes!

and now I have to recover!


#1 photos thanks to Nigel Fish
#2 photos thanks to Laura Hennie


No comments: