Saturday 10 January 2015

Christmas Day 2014


At 8.30am and after about 5 hours sleep each we were Santasuited up in Delamere Forest, waiting for the 5 km fun run to start. 



Look at us! Look how FUN we look!


But at 9am...oh my goodness....

It was meant to be a FUN RUN! FUN. It was Christmas Day! 

Those non-Santas at the front must have been in a hurry to get home to prepare their sprouts, judging by the speed they set off. Oh Lordy. Did they think they were going to get locked in the carpark or something???

We got swept along for the first 100 yards and were scarlety puce well before we even reached the lake. 
If I could have actually SPOKEN (I was struggling to breathe) I would have told Cubster to JUST GO but he didn't have any choice either. He just went.




He got a PB! 22 minutes! 
Was it fun?! 
It was HOT
A full Santa suit on top of full running gear? That definitely means in a sweaty head.


By the time I had got my heart rate back to a less life-threatening pace, we had spread out a bit (by that I mean I had been overtaken by about 100 runners)






but I finished ahead of the pink lady with the black labrador...YESSSSS. 
(My personal little challenge)
I think it was fun. Looking back, it was quite hilarious!





And get this.... I was second in my age group! haha! Wotahoot.
27.50

My face was still visibly pulsating when the Nem-Drake arrived. 
I could have eaten the puddings on our tee shirts for breakfast.


Cub is going to flip his eggs-over-easy and his SF pancakes with his guitar flipper.


With Pixen being welcomed into the Belly household in Darlo, WE had our future SIL for dinner. Well, not literally.
It wasn't an enormous plateful, we counted out the tayros and the sprouts... but after the turkey and before the pudding we went for a stroll down on the meadows.

We had all that fresh air to ourselves. 
Strangely enough no one else appeared to be having a mid-courses walk.







Naturally there were planks to be done to aid digestion.


The Word according to Christopher Luke.


The future Mrs and Mr Hennie.


There was just time for a plank on a plank backed by beautiful reflections.


All that ridiculously fast'n'furious running before breakfast plus all that lovely fresh air after dinner meant ... we could have....CAKE! Amazing Andy CAKE. Superb, delicious, best ever Andycake.


Look who visited baby Jesus in the stable.



And look who watched over us all day.



It was a lovely day. 


I'm still getting over that run though.

No comments: