Thursday 12 May 2016

The Bodyguard, Liverpool Empire.

I have to admit I wasn't that bothered about seeing The Bodyguard, but 61 of my Leapyabouters were and I had a waiting list too. It was a sell out at the Liverpool Empire and now I've seen it I can see why.


What a stunning show. It was very professional, very slick, the lighting was wonderful, the singing was fantastic, Alexandra Burke has really found her niche looking totally at home on the stage, it was so good, the standing ovation came before the end of the show, meaning we were up and dancing for the finale. 

It had everything. 
SUPERB and clever sets accomodating  a blossoming romance between our heroine and her bodyguard, humour at the karaoke, plenty of suspense as the stalker gets ever closer to our heroine, even fabulous fireworks. ALL the singing was professional, powerful and PERFECT (obviously Alexandra Burke, but equally as good was her sister Nicky and HOW CUTE was her son Fletcher!) The toe-tapping audience-participating classics sent us home on a high. Shiny happy people on my bus.

At least 6 on my bus said it was the best show they had ever seen and trust me, we have seen loads. 
I'm so glad I booked it, it was AMAZING. Why is Alexandra Burke advertising SlimFast though? Does she really think she needs to slimfast?? She razzled and dazzled and twinkled and sparkled and shimmied her way round that stage in style with body most women would die for, She was quite wonderful. Go and see it. Just go.








No comments: