Monday 2 January 2017

47 Forever Reunion Nov 2016

Astbury House, Chester College.
Where it all began 40 years ago.
And we all look exactly the same today.


With so much catching up to do (and the likelihood of some loud, prolonged shrieking) we were in need of liquid refreshment so we walked up to Booths Mansion for a cream tea.
Diesel managed to confuse the poor waitress by ordering the waffle with fruit and cream and icecream and chocolate but without the waffle, or cream, or chocolate.
"Well what DO you want then?"
And I thought "How I love this girl"








You see! She had the ice cream and the fruit.
What was the problem??!

(She said NO CHOCOLATE)(Ooops)



JillyBean brought the teeshirt!
THE teeshirt.
She had designed the College Squash Club tee shirt 40 years ago.

And I am spinning in that very room right now.
Who would have thought it.


Anyways after a quick touch up with the lippy (oooh thanks Suze, I love it)...



...we were ready to hit the town!
Chester City Centre here we come.



While we were in Pitcher and Piano (a bit like a posh Wetherspoons and with decent fish'n'chips) we tried to recreate a photo that one of us legends had brought. 
I think it was JillyBean. She's a legend anyway.
We did folded arms and everything.



I underestimated how fit I was but I did rather march Diesel home at 2.20am after much wine and merriment. I was in flat boots and she was in little heels but I was fuelled by Prosecco  (I don't drink Prosecco) (Fizz!!! I can't digest FIZZ!) and I was full of BUZZ. 
YESS!!
For old time's sake we'd had a game of FizzBuzz!
We also attempted FuzzyDuck DuckyFuzz but you can guess where that went.
 I ached from laughing so much that night. It felt like I'd done Abs Blast :)

DAY TWO
Day Two was a trip down memory lane, Garden Lane to be precise, to visit THE house.
The things that went on inside those walls will be etched in our memories forever, although I'd rather forget the buckets of party punch we made. Aaaah...
HAPPYDAYS
FRIENDSFOREVER
Even though Diesel used to eat all the breakfast and Karen wouldn't eat the tea we cooked because she had just eaten chocolate and no one liked my bone broth which was an absolute bargain from the market which wasn't surprising really as there was no meat in it and then Suz and AnneThePan spent HOW MUCH on a piece of fish and everyone fancied my boyfriend who I actually married (AnneThePan's Mum DID make our wedding cake) and Suz bought a budgie called Oscar and when that died we had Beatrix the Rabbit in our back yard and OMG I'm laughing just typing this.
HAPPYDAYS
FRIENDSFOREVER



I felt a bit sorry for the joggers who took this photo as we couldn't tell if  they were just setting off or they'd just finished (we asked them, oops) and they nearly got run over taking it as they were stood in the middle of the road. Lane. LANE.Memory Lane.



Next time we are going to recreate THIS on the steps of  Old College.



47 Forever.
Happy Days.
Good Times.





No comments: