Monday 2 January 2017

Belvedere and Kunsthistorisches Museums

It was a bit of a trek back to Belvedere Palace but it was so worth it
(AND I SAW WOODY THERE!!!)


We  bombed about a bit until we saw KLIMT.


(This isn't Klimt!)

This is.




 but I also loved this by Olga Wisinger Florian.




KLIMT, THE KISS




Vincent and Monet...






Some fabulous music frenzy movement in this painting.



Great views from the window.


I'm still not sure how much I like Klimt but I bought a rather nice bag which I love.
And then it was a mad stomp to the next culture station.



We needed time to see Bruegel though so it was yet another tube and stomp back to the Kunsthistorisches Museum and oh my days all my dreams came true. A room FULL of Bruegel.
And no photo restrictions.
Magnificent.
It was so so good.
Really, Really good.
Fantastic.

And I recognised the chap at the wedding! He's still on the painting haha!









We saw Rubens, Raphael, Tintoretto, Titian and one Vermeer.



And just before it closed we had a cuppa in the most amazing cafe I've ever been in.
Wowzer. What an incredible setting for a teabag in a cup.





And yes of course I did this.


We were all cultured out. WE stomped back to the boat on a high, what a fantastic day. 
How many times have I said that?! Vienna really had been very special.



No comments: