Wednesday 19 November 2008

Progress is made...

Look what arrived in the post today!!! BUSINESS CARDS from the cubba at his London office. I don`t know how important he is there yet(he`s been there 6 weeks!) but things are looking good!

It`s been a very good week (if you ignore the fact that the Sky Blues blew it in the last 5 minutes of their game at home to Plymouth)(but as a loyal but long suffering CCFC supporter, Im used to that)

1. Our house is warm!I didnt think I`d ever get excited about a new front door ! but it`s so nice not to have that draught blowing up the stairs.(We`d better paint the step)


2. Linz has finished her chemo!!! YIPPEE and WEYHEY and WUTWOO!! I want to put it on record here how much I have admired her attitude to her treatment.Basically she just got on with it. One day at a time, doing only what she could. She has ..quite simply.. been.. fantastic. WELL DONE!

3. Drake`s boyfriend has started his job as a Postman Pat. Sammie was keen to snuggle under his new hi-vis jacket.Anything for a bit of fuss!


4. My sewing machine is home from the menders!!!!!!!! I can get on with my Christmas stockings!!!!! Husb is convinced it had a heart attack ... all this fast whizzy zigzag stitch after lying dormant in my friend`s attic...it must have been too much for it...

5. The "devillishly handsome Mr Thornton" aka Lucas North looks splendidly dishy on our new flat screen tv. Need I say more...

6. Drake and I had an afternoon in Liverpool (OMG look at that blue sky!)looking at the Art of Architecture exhibition in the fabulous crypt of the Metropolitan Cathedral


It is the first time the crypt has been used for a major exhibition.I liked the high vaulted ceilings, the dark bricks and the grey granite, perfect for the work of Le Corbusier who is regarded as the twentieth century`s single most influential architect. "Space and light and order.Those are the things that men need just as much as they need bread or a place to sleep"

7. And at last I got round to burning Ruth`s bread board... she got married in August so just a few weeks late!

2 comments:

Clare Dudman said...

Ali - such talent! I didn't know you could burn things like that (deliberately, I mean :-)). That board is brill.

I agree about Linz - she's inspiring. I just feel so pleased and proud to know some people!

Liverpool looks good - glad I read this - love what you say about Le Corbusier...and very impressed at Cubba's cards. Did he know the new Carol Vorderman at Oxford? Can't remember her name, but she just finished her MMath this summer too.

aliholli said...

Thank you Clare.I dont do many boards because require a fair bit of electricity to keep the burny thing hot! And they take ages. And I have to get a certain type of wood, ie not varnished etc.

Chris didnt really know Rachel Countdown Riley, other than she was in his year and (haha) he got better marks than her.. :-)