Tuesday 7 July 2009

busy week!!

Well that was a busy week, lack of blogging or twittering has probably indicated this... and it had nothing to do with Wimbledon. I only saw a bit of a Murray game and that was only because it went on till half ten, and I watched THAT while talking to Cub on the phone (which was basically a "How do I....?" type computer lesson!!)

Anyway the week started with the wonderful news that.... MY BIG DAUGHTER HAD GOT A JOB!!! Miss Nicolette Hollindale is going to be a real life teacher of Art in a school on Teeside!!! It was her first interview and she wowed the lot of them, especially the student council who loved her. Have a look at her paintings here
on her blog page. She has a slide show, top right.

That was Monday, on Tuesday I went to Coventry to see Dad where I managed to do a bit of weeding for him before he took the trowel off me(!!!) and then I persuaded him to have a barsnack up at the Mount. Liddy and John called too so that was a bonus.




As well as my normal classes this week I also went into school to leap around a bit with some GCSE girls, phew...hot hot hot (the weather!!!) Went to the vets with Sammie about her ears. Went to a wedding do. Went to Manchester Airport with little daughter who then flew to Cyprus...hot hot hot I imagine! And did 2 cricket teas.

No time to colour so it was just as well I had done these...it appears one is never too old for a picture, "Jean" is 80 and "Liam and Louise" are teenagers.




One of our cricketers married a lovely girl called Awie (pronounced Arr Wee) so I did them a teapot/pavilion bread board.

2 comments:

Nicolette Hollindale said...

How impressive mum, you truly are a master of the arts!! Fantastic breadboard and pics :) x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

aliholli said...

I`m just making sure you know where YOUR talent comes from Miss Hollindale =) xxxxx