Saturday 13 April 2013

Afternoon tea at Chester Grosvenor Hotel

What a great Tuesday that was. I must admit, I like Tuesdays but this Tuesday was a real treat.

My two fun morning classes were followed by a head, back and shoulder massage from the crowd (Christmas and birthday present) which was absolute bliss and then Husb and I were whisked off to the Grosvenor Hotel for Afternoon Tea. The Grosvenor, no less! The Grosvenor HOTEL!





Out of the choice of teas, I chose the Grosvenor Grey - an Earl Grey flavour blended specially for the hotel, and Husb chose the Darjeeling. The Chun Mee sounded interesting but I decided it was too risky, we weren't on a cruise ship sampling a bit of everything. (Although the lounge was just like a ship's lounge-I expected to see waves out of the windows....)


Tea came in large shiny pots! 


Starters!


YUM!



More shiny pots. Well we had refills of everything.


A big thankyou to our children and Ian for this lovely treat, it was delicious and very civilised!

Amazingly, I managed a quick jog a few hours later in my new Asics running shoes making room for a couple of glasses of Madeira wine to accompany the first two episodes of The Great British Sewing Bee. What a great Tuesday.

No comments: