Monday 27 February 2017

Cozumel, Mexico 2017 CHANKANAAB

Met a crocodile. was kissed by a sea lion, was SUNG TO by a sea lion, lazed in a hammock, swallowed a lot of sea trying to snorkel, used the wifi to chat to Cub, tried to fly a kite and throw a ball but failed at both, planked in my mask and flippers and experienced total loveliness.  I had been SO looking forward to today and it did not disappoint.

There was only one other family at the sea lion show at Chankanaab Beach Park so we had Luna and her pup more or less to ourselves and I can tell you now... 
sea lions have TICKLY WHISKERS!




They were hilarious, and fabulous, clapping, barking, smiling and SINGING.
And then he kissed me.


The iguanas were huge....







the dolphins looked happy and well kept 
and the pelican showed off...


and Crocker thought it was all very amusing.


It wasn't cheap to get in to Chankanaab but it was worth every penny/dollar/peso.
There's plenty to do. In addition to the sea lion shows and swimming with dolphins (must admit I am not a fan) there are zip wires, Mayan temples, gardens, the lagoon, hammocks, Starbucks, beers...





Where WAS everyone? On a SUNDAY?




We basically had the beach to ourselves. And the hammocks.
Ooooh hammocks were fun. We were tempted to buy one to bring home.(yes, really)


I planked before I nearly drowned. 
Okay a massive overstatement but HOW HARD IS SNORKELLING!!!?


The sea was turquoise and clear and was full of fish, fish, fish which I saw with my superduper mask and I found the underwater statue of Jesus.
  

Dolly basked....





...and it was just so lovely.


A cracking day.
We would highly recommend a visit to Chankanaab and I want to go again.







No comments: