Saturday 6 November 2010

COV, LONDON, ZIZZI'S

Having visited Venice this summer (and loving it) we were keen to go to the new CANALETTO exhibition at the National Gallery in London. Thus the plan was to call and see dad in Coventry on the way...





...and then head off to London.

Canaletto,son of a theatrical scene painter 1697-1768 was born in Venice and is famous for his very precise paintings of this beautiful city. His attention to detail is immense and because I still had my Venice photos on my camera I was able to see for myself his topograghical accuracy. It is a fantastic exhibition and all the better for having visited Venice ourselves.











At the time we went there was an impressive ship in bottle on the 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square





It was all worthy of a good Sunday lunch!



Which we promptly walked off! (See London IS green in places!)






And just for the record, earlier this week we celebrated my friend's birthday at Zizzi's. It was lovely and Kay was made up.

1 comment:

Greg said...

NIce day out in London, i've not yet been to the National Gallery but it's very high on my list of things to do next time I'm in London. I did enjoy eating at Zizzi London, I can't remember where but the Pizza was great. I also found it a little surprising how gree London is.