Wednesday 1 January 2014

Christmas 2013

 Christmas actually started quite early a few months ago when I got my sewing machine going. I sat up in the boiling hot attic during that boiling hot summer we had, making a start on Diesel's stockings.



Then, not long after that, I saw these Christmas cards in the Oxfam shop..."Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" was the perfect card for the Jolly Holly family. (Alas, there was only one box.)


However, my super organised Christmas then went on hold...

September was busy with a London trip to watch Pixen swim and run

and October was busy with a trip to Holy Island and Fountains Abbey

and November was busy with Liddy and Kay's 60ths

and then suddenly it was December and it was all a mad rush. 

(I hadn't expected hiring a carpet cleaner either, but when the WHOLE dish of tomato soup went splattering across the carpet, it had to be done!)





Everton fans had blue stockings... (honestly...what are they LIKE?)




 I was honoured to make a stocking for the Paralympic Archery Champion, Mel Clarke!




Tilly and the legend that is the Swiftness had stockings that made Jordan's original stocking look weedy.... how did my felt letters get that big? I have to admit though,  they look good on their fireplace.


As time was running out and Christmas got closer I had to remind myself to just Keep Calm .....
I LOVE THIS!!!





At times I questioned myself ...like ...why I didn't just say "No"? but I'm kind and the letters DID fit and so I sewed all these tiny letters for baby Sofia ...and Granny loved it...


I even sewed a stocking for a shop! I was ready for that amazing hot stone massage in Revive  by the time I'd sewed my last bit of fur on.




I was nearly done! and then... OMG I nearly forgot the cards!!! 
 I was so late I got a last minute super bargain from a photo company and created these one night at ridiculous oclock.


Fair dos everyone at keep fit got into the spirit of Christmas. Antlers in the pool, tinselly ankles at aerobics, baubles in ears for spinning....... the funniest experience was the vibrating antlers on the PowerPlate, it was all good fun.


PowerPlateDan in his Christmas jumper

Christmas Eve was here before I knew it. I didn't run out of paper and I had plenty of sellotape but by midnight on Christmas Eve I had had enough of wrapping and needed some sleep (there was a Christmas Day fun run to be run in a few hours time) so I just ribboned the last 3 boxes....


...and left Mr Happy guarding the presents...


and went to bed.

CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!

A rogue Santa clutching his parkrun barcode rolled up at Delamere positively raring...



Team Jolly Holly were ready to run!




Can you see us waving? We ran the 5 km route together and LOVED it.


I still can't get over this - an amazing 122 people turned out for the run! 122! 
ON CHRISTMAS DAY! 
Runners are a strange breed...

We came 82nd, 83rd and 84th!


We had coffee and a mini mince pie at the finish.
Then we had to get home to put the turkey in!



Meanwhile, back in Bedworth, Freya, our new great neice was doing her own Santa stint and doesn't she look soooooooooo cute!


Anyway with the race done and the turkey in, the fun began. Happy Christmas Cubba!
I don't think Cub was banking on another ridiculous outfit quite so soon! 118 118?



It was a lovely day.
We had a nice meal, an after dinner walk round Hoole, the usual party games...a lot of fun, it was all over too quick.

BOXING DAY! 

Walking by the River Dee was lovely....perfect for blowing the cobwebs away...


and LOOK WHO WE BUMPED INTO!!!!

The legend that is Swifty!!



You would be forgiven for thinking I had no room for Christmas cake after all the festive fare but you would be wrong. The problem is I've had all of this already. No one else has had any cake...ooops


It IS magnificent cake.


"StopTheBus!" and "BlankettyBlank" (with ferrets) with StevetheBus, MartintheBus and KatymaybetheBus were hilarious and ...the brie just disappeared without trace. Very strange. 


Trying out the self timer on my phone.



Good old fashioned family fun that was festive and funny and (well...almost....) FREE!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Overall, you had a wonderful Christmas. It’s amazing how you handled everything with very little timeframe, especially the carpet cleaning part. Good thing the carpet cleaner came in immediately and solve the problem. Everything ends well and that’s a relief. Happy 2014!

Brad @ GLBCleaners.com