Friday 3 September 2010

Trod, HAIRSPRAY and lunch at The Piper

TROD

Well my Bank Holiday week began with a complete surprise... because there, standing on my doorstep, was Trudy, affectionately known as "Trod" (well to me anyway) who I haven't seen for about 20 years. We were poolies together at the Arena 30 years ago, she was my shift partner, but she has been living in the States for nearly 20 years. What a surprise! She was lucky to catch me in!





HAIRSPRAY

♪♫ ♥•*¨*•.¸¸.♥♫♪ "YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEAT!" ♪♫ ♥•*¨*•.¸¸.♥♫♪

This was followed by a trip to the Liverpool Empire to see "Hairspray" starring Les Dennis aka "Our survey said!!", and Michael Starke, aka Sinbad from Brookside. What a fantastic show. Some of the crowd had seen the film but I hadn't a clue what the story line was. (Yes I took 65 peeps without knowing anything about it, haha)
We didn't know any of the songs but we all came out singing and are still singing which is an indication of how good it was.

As you can imagine, Les and Michael had great chemistry, I'm sure they were ad-libbing in places and there was DEFINITELY some TICKLING!!



If is coming soon to a theatre near you I thoroughly recommend it!

LUNCH

With Husb back at work now, it seemed only right that I went out for lunch(!!) so I got GG into the back of my car, (an interesting manoevre) then picked up Edna and we went to the local for a swift half and a bar snack. With a joint age of 174 years, I wasn't sure how this would go, or even whether they would be able to hear each other but I needn't have worried, they got on brilliantly.




And HOW TRENDY is EDNA!!!!!!!
Look at her fantastic shoes. I was so impressed I had to take a photo of them.

No comments: