Tuesday 17 July 2018

Oooerrr I'm a pensioner. All my little parties.


We had a pre-birthday spin.
My birthday balloon misbehaved and had escaped before we'd even finished climbing the hill and it nestled in the corner of the ceiling, but it was a lovely thought by Ruby to bring one in for me.


Flowers arrived from Coventry, Darlington and the USA




Kay came for coffee.


We went to see StarWars





Had a lot of Prosecco.
I don't even like Prosecco.
It was free.



Frankie&Benny's

Cub facetimed.
How good does he look!
Great haircut.


And we managed to play Countdown across the Atlantic Ocean to the far side of America.


And then he promptly told us the Susie Dent answers which were unbeatable.


Naturally, on New Year's Day (it's tradition) we wished the ellies a Happy New Year.








We did a lap of the Walls.







Went shopping for iminent-baby stuff. Ooooeeerrr!






And then the keep fit parties started.
Jean was 90 in January so she and I had a joint 150th Scones Party after Aqua at Rowton Hall.












A bag of ele gifts arrived from San Francisco and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tee.



I love this one too!


It's got PEPSI on the back.YAY!


We couldn't have a baked potato party at Northgate (no ovens) (I was gutted) so we improvised with a cricket tea supplemented with the most delicious fruit cake ever and a few goodies from the aqua peeps.
The games were hilarious.







Dee came.
She brought me 2 Orla Kiely teatowels!


The carvery gang took me out.


The boys were ace.



The girls were ace.



Cheryl was VERY ace.
She did a great job of organising everything.
Including her own meal.


And the balloons.


And the carrot cakes.
OH WOW!!!
Those carrot cakes.








Andy had a Chupa Chups lolly cake.







Look at my beautiful elephant bottle lamp!


And then Sian and I had our annual birthday meal out at Chester Fields (because we can park there!)
(We are always dashing after doing a class while the others are doing their make-up)


And shortly after the celebrations had begun to calm down, Dee came again on a Willie conference.


So we were tourists for the day.
Not one shopping bag between us!




My birthday lasted ages and everyone made me feel really special.
Thank you to everyone, it was so much fun.




No comments: