Saturday 31 January 2015

Grand Turk.

Grand Turk sadly didn't happen. It took us all day and all night to get there and then it was too rough to land. So we had to sail all the way back again. To be fair the weather had taken a turn for the worse and we had to stay safe (but we really DID want to go to Grand Turk)

This meant another seaday. A seaday when the weather and the sea are rough is far more challenging than a seaday with sun. As it happened, I went to the church service as I would be missing Bean's funeral tomorrow and that was really lovely. But then we watched a silly film called A MOST WANTED MAN, what the heck was all that about? Why ever didn't they put on something jolly like Mamma Mia or Frozen or The Sound of Music instead of that? It was totally un-uplifting.

And then somehow I managed to do absolutely nothing else all day. I didn't open my book, do a puzzle, a sudoku, a crossword, I didn't even go to the gym. Blimey, it MUST have been rough.


That night the entertainment was Clem Curtis, from The Foundations and he was fab. He's 75 and still as smooth as ever, building me up his buttercups, and now that he's found me he can't let me go.... he was very cool.

No comments: