Wednesday 18 August 2010

Aurora Cruise 2010

Much as we love the French sand, we decided to spend our 2 week summer holiday on board P+O's cruise ship Aurora, we felt we deserved a little luxury as we would be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary while we were away.

There were 1936 other passengers and 857 crew so you can imagine the size of the ship, basically 3 laps of the "promenade deck" was a mile, for the information of me and my fellow stompers! Aurora sailed a total of 6007 nautical miles (average speed 21.4 knots)(!?) calling at

Malaga, VENICE (OMG VENICE!!) Dubrovnik, Split, Corfu and Cadiz,

allowing plenty of time to laze on deck in the "persistent sunshine".



I would like to point out here that I also attended aerobics (hmmm), tai chi (oops I walked a lady into a wall), craft club (painted a glass vase) arthritis talk,(nothing new there) body fat talk (hmmm) the gym ( I did a few sit ups and a few planks) this was all on the one cloudy day when we rounded the corner of Spain and France on the journey home!

View from our balcony



Splendid choice of subject matter for artwork around the ship.



The girls on our dinner table (2nd sitting) me, Claire, Jennifer and Janice

1 comment:

Clare Dudman said...

Heh, heh - can't wait to hear about the aerobics class (and the tai chi...)Sounds wonderful!