Saturday 15 February 2020

Chester Half Marathon May 2019


Drake got a last minute entry on the Friday before the Sunday and then promptly went and smashed it, running her best Half Marathon ever with a PB of 1.42. She wore her mother's colours :)

I tried to encourage them up Gruesome Garden Lane by waving my makeshift AliHolli towel flag sellotaped to a badminton racquet :)
People (Hilary) actually managed to MISS me.




Josh and Leo were the first of my keep fitters to finish.



LOADS of AliHolli peeps ran it and gave me a wave.
Geri, Nats, Jo(pacemaker), Lisa, Mark, Helen, Sonia, Sarah, Janet, Nic, Ali, Angela.



But the best thing was THE EFFORT!
The PLANKS after a 13.1 mile run.
What an honour.
Not just Drakey/



Nats, Sonia and Sarah did one in Duttons wine bar fresh from the finish wearing their medals.


And then later..... while WE were having a celebratory beer (not sure how Yanski and I qualified but hey).....


Nats, Sonia and Sarah LEAPT on to the bar at the cricket club and did me another.
AMAZING!
By everyone.
#goodlegsgoodlegs




No comments: