Wednesday 14 February 2024

LINCOLN


I don't remember ever going to Lincoln before?
So when we heard that GG's best friend "TONSE" had passed away and the funeral was in Lincoln, we decided to travel up the night before so we could have a little look around on the morning before the service.


There was a very steep hill...so I planked up it.







And Lincoln Cathedral was a real treat.











The detail on the ornate carvings was incredible.





And I LOVED the stained glass windows.




There were a lot of these little fellas...

And this little fella looked like King Charles.



WHERE WAS THE IMP?




We had to look very hard to find him, it took us ages!


The North and South transepts of the cathedral feature two huge rose windows which are uncommon in medieval architecture in England. 

On the lighter South side is the Bishop's Eye representing the Holy Spirit. It has a unique pattern of flowing tracery with leaves.


And on the darker North side is the Dean's Eye representing the devil.








We need to go back to Lincoln, I believe the castle is well worth a visit.
And I have run out of IMP teabags, lol.

The funeral was sad but it went well and it was so nice to see my Dad's mates again.


Phil, Wally, Bob, Mike


The adorable Bob


Phil, Walt, Bob, Mike, me and Dids.

Little bro.

 

No comments: